Vegan chocolate fudge cupcakesPosted on: 22 December 2017 by Eloise Craven-Todd
These vegan cupcakes are a delicious sweet treat yet are packed with natural, low-sugar ingredients.
Nutrition per serving: 330 kcal/42g carbs/21g sugar/19g fat/6g protein/56mg sodium
Prep time: 30 min / Cook time: 30 min
For the cakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 100g coconut sugar
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 100g vegan butter
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp bicarb
- Pinch of salt
For the frosting
- 150g cashew bites
- 100g frozen mixed berries – thawed
- 60g soaked jujube fruit (soak in boiled water for 20 minutes)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- Jujube Sprinkles to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
- In a food processor, combine the banana, coconut sugar and vegan butter and cream these together.
- Next, add in all of your dry ingredients and blend until everything is well combined and forms a smooth cake batter. Divide this amongst your cupcake cases (the mixture should make around 6-7 cakes) and pop these into the oven for around 30 minutes to bake. You’ll know the cakes are done when a skewer can be pierced into the cake and comes out clean.
- Transfer the cakes onto a wire rack and allow them to cool completely. Meanwhile, to prepare your frosting, add the nuts, berries, drained jujube fruits and agave to a food processor and blitz this until you’re left with a smooth, creamy frosting. This might take a while to achieve a really smooth icing.
- When your cakes have thoroughly cooled, top each of them with some of your frosting and garnish with some dried jujube sprinkles.
Recipe provided by Abakus Foods
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
1 Feb 2019How to make boneless chicken thigh
4 Aug 201810 Best Steaks to Grill For Your Dinner
4 Apr 2018Passion fruit cheesecake (Maracuja)